The Board of Governors of Christian Fellowship School makes decisions that are in the best interests of the children. It is responsible for the conduct of the school and aims to promote high standards of educational achievement. Governors bring their own gifting, knowledge and skills to the role, contributing to the growth and development of the school and seeing tangible improvements in the attainment and wellbeing of the children. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Board of Governors is the school’s accountable body and as such it:
- provides a strategic direction of the school by establishing a vision and setting the purpose and aims of the school within an agreed policy framework
- appoints and appraises the Headteacher and Principal, and agrees the school’s improvement plan
- monitors and evaluates the work of the school by reviewing the performance of the Headteacher, the effectiveness of the policy framework, progress towards targets, and the effectiveness of the school improvement strategy
- signs off the self-evaluation process and responds to inspection reports as necessary
- provides operational leadership support.
In addition, it holds the Headteacher and Principal to account for the performance of the school and ensures that parents are fully involved, consulted and informed as appropriate through the Parent Collaborative. In order to achieve this, Governors gain knowledge of how the school operates through training, by attending meetings, visiting the school during the school day, and by building relationships through the Parent Collaborative.
Governors work together as a team under the leadership of the Chair of the Governing Body, each having a unique role.
As the school is a Charitable Trust, there is a Limited Company that is ultimately responsible for the charity as the Proprietor. Each of the Governors are Directors of the Limited Company, some as Executive Directors and Trustees, and some as non-Executive Directors only.
The Headteacher and Principal act as a Governors in an "ex officio" capacity. This means that they sits on the governing body without election through their roles in the school.
Our Governors team
Mr. Will Sopwith
Chair - appointed by Trustees June 2020
Mr. Mark Lewis
Infrastructure - appointed by Directors June 2020
Mr. Matt Edmundson
Finance - appointed by Directors October 2014
Mr. Peter Moffat
Education & ALPS & Safeguarding - appointed by Directors July 2014
Mrs. Jenny Oliver
Parent Collaborative & Safeguarding - appointed by Directors July 2014
Mr. Abraham Waigi
Communication - appointed by Directors June 2020
Mrs R Boulton
Head Teacher - appointed by Directors June 2021
Mrs. Paula Virr
Curriculum - appointed by Directors 3 April 2017
Mrs. Ester Redondo Smith
Parent Collaborative - appointed by Directors June 2020