Prayer & Thanksgiving
Prayer is vital to the work of CFS and we invite all of friends and members of our community to partner with us in prayer on a regular basis. If you would like to hear about the latest prayer points, please visit this page for updates.
- We are so grateful to God for a renewed sense of community as we return to school this term. Staff are meeting for prayer and worship every morning, our weekly worship assemblies have been revived, and we sense a new season of flourishing and spiritual renewal for our school as we emerge from the physical restrictions of the last eighteen months.
- Please pray for all our new families as they engage with the community, particularly those that have only recently moved to the UK.
- One of our Year 9 pupils has been awarded Second Prize in a national competition organised by the Bible Project! They won £250 for the school with their entry for the Bible Story-Writing Competition, which they wrote as part of the English curriculum in Year 8. The prize giving is in the House of Lords.
- Thanks for a highly successful production of 'Little Women' at the end of the summer term, after nine months of rehearsals 'in person' and online. Great acting, fabulous costumes, and a wonderful sense of community for our pupils after so many restrictions over the past eighteen months.
- We give profound thanks for the leadership that Mr Worsley gave us during his time as Headteacher - his wisdom, his passion for truth, his humility, and his heart to see our young people discipled as followers of Christ. We are very grateful that Mrs Boulton has taken on the mantle of Headteacher, and we are excited as we step into this new season with a new sense of vision for God's purposes to be fulfilled in our school.
- Above all, we give thanks and praise to our Father God who, in the words of Numbers 6:24, has 'blessed us and kept us' not only through the challenging times of the last eighteen months, but through our 40 years of operation. God continues to make His face shine upon us and bless us with His favour, His protection, His presence and His peace, and His work in our midst.