At this early stage of children's learning we want to preserve the natural joy of childhood experiences, affirming the unique worth of each individual and knowledge of God's character e.g. as a loving Father-Creator.
- The nurture of relationships, thankfulness, curiosity, creativity, imagination, conscience, a love of truth, beauty and diversity.
- Play and first hand experience e.g. exploring and caring for the environment, the joy of discovery, and expressing prayer and praise to God.
- The development of foundational learning skills e.g. speaking, listening, observation, numeracy, memorising, reading, writing singing, crafts, movement.
- Knowledge about creation within topics which captivate a child's interest e.g. the life of bees, how we breathe.
- Appreciation of community: ways to contribute to family and school life, family histories, people who help us, contact with friends in China, Bhutan, Andaman and Africa, helping other people e.g. Operation Christmas Child.